So, it’s been a productive couple of weeks! I got some rather disappointing news that might affect my productivity for a while but gonna keep truckin’ along as much as I can. Anyway, here’s the current changelog since the last dev update!
I also wanted to start doing some videos as I think that they might cut down on the amount of writing/explaining and might be a little more engaging. I already wrote up a large changelog below, so I’ll be adding it too, as I didn’t want to add all this content to the video (so lazy, I know).
Anyway, here’s a pretty lengthy Changelog:
- Updated Unity and Project to a newer version
- Platform dropping now requires holding down then pressing jump. This will reduce mistakes when performing directional attacks.
- HP Properly updates now. It will take into account the player’s health.
- GameOver works now. It will respawn the character to the last checkpoint.
- Character can respawn at his starting position or at a checkpoint depending on if they’ve entered a checkpoint.
- Checkpoint system now works. These are triggers that when entered by the player, will inform the relevant system.
- Refactored every single script to match a naming convention that makes it easier to know that is doing what
- Fixed some issues with the dialogue system
- Created a new Actor Editor
- Created a new Scene Builder that also makes it easier to create objects
- Music looping now takes into account the currently playing song
- Hurt/Hitstun works properly now
- Much more optimized Statemachine system that’s also much easier to add new states too.
- Refactored the animation state machines and have them sharing a common base state machine. This makes it easier to setup animations when new characters are created
- Updated RoomManager to evaluate events when moving into new rooms and doing things such as loading and executing cutscenes right when you walk in
- Attacks can now spawn/shoot projectiles
- UI now includes new animation events thanks to DoTween
- File/Asset Clean up. Got rid of a lot of unneeded place holders and scripts written for testing purposes.
- Player can now be spawned using a spawner and no longer has to be placed in a scene manually.
- Updated framedata to store more information such as independent vibration and camera shake variables
- Added Scene Fade in/Out effect. This will play automatically when entering a scene.
- Projectiles will now emit particles when they hit stuff.
- Added “Pressed Start” to the main menu.
- Added a Scene and Game reset button (R&T)
- Message Box UI will now wait until the message box is fully rendered before drawing text.
- Breeze retains his health between scenes
- Cutscenes no longer automatically pause player’s physics.
- Created Scriptable Data for Music. This will store the Song’s name, Loop Point, and potentially some other information.
And for some other misc stuff:
- Revealed like, 3 characters in one weekend (Hume, Float, and Peb).
- Developed Updated Height Chart for the Current cast (this was a lot of work)
- Developed Model Sheets for the sprites of the Demo characters
- Started Development on Pathfinding/Navigation system for AI.
- Selected an Enamel Pin vendor and submitted an Order, then received it the day I wrote up this post!